ACC Live Courses
For a listing of all ACC Live Courses please visit: https://www.acc.org/education-and-meetings/meetings
- Amplatzer Amulet Left Atrial Appendage Occluder IDEThe goal of the Amulet IDE trial was to evaluate left atrial appendage (LAA) occlusion with the Amulet device compared with the Watchman device among patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation (AF).
- CMS Requires COVID-19 Vaccination For All Staff in Medicare, Medicaid FacilitiesThe Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on Sept. 9 announced that all staff in facilities that are certified by Medicare and Medicaid will be required to receive a COVID-19 vaccine to protect both staff and patients from the virus.
- HHS Releases $25.5 Billion in COVID-19 Relief FundingThe U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), released $25.5 billion in funding for health care provides affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dr. Megan Coylewright Named Editor of CardioSmartMegan Coylewright, MD, MPH, FACC, has been named editor of ACC's CardioSmart patient engagement initiative, which aims to support the patient and clinician partnership to personalize care. Coylewright will serve a three-year term.
- Longitudinal Strain Predicts Survival and Response in AL AmyloidosisIn patients with cardiac involvement of systemic AL (light-chain immunoglobulin) amyloidosis, what is the impact of longitudinal strain (LS) on overall survival (OS) and the impact of changes in LS following treatment on outcomes?